Are you attending the Tri-State Chinese American Chemical Society (CACS) 2016 Symposium this Saturday, June 18th at Rutgers University? Come to my presentation “Polishing your Speaking Skills with Accent Reduction” and learn tips and tricks for accent reduction! Hope to see you there!
Polishing Your Speaking Skills with Accent Reduction
Everyone has an accent–even native speakers. It only becomes a problem if it interferes with communication. While learning to reduce your accent takes time and effort, there are changes you can make right now to become immediately more understandable. This fun and interactive workshop offers practical tips and techniques to improve common and key errors in pronunciation.
You will learn:
- Practical tips and techniques to immediately improve your pronunciation.
- The 5 areas of pronunciation that give you an accent and what you need to do to fix each one.
- To properly pronounce problematic consonants and vowels.
- Common stress and intonation patterns- the most important part of clear speaking.
- Typical pronunciation errors for Chinese speakers.
Location: Busch Campus Center, Rutgers University, 604 Bartholomew Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854